Thursday, February 20, 2014

50 Shades of Gray

Not an original title, I know. 

But it's Pat's description of St. Petersburg this February, and it fits perfectly!  No matter where we look, it's gray 





We have had the strangest winter this year in St. Petersburg.  It was cold & snowy for only 3 weeks in January.  And that's it!  Now, it is gray.  Every other day is rain, or snow flurries that immediately melt.  The ground is starting the unfreeze, and there are nasty, muddy puddles everywhere. 





The bad thing is that we KNOW Winter is not over, and it's going to eventually hit us hard in March, April, possibly May. 

Now I know, most of the United States doesn't want to hear about a "bad" winter.  It's been a tough one in the US.  But I miss having a real winter.  I need some snow, and I miss the sun!












Even St. Isaac's looks gloomy in the middle of the day.

I need some sun :)

2 comments:

  1. Apt title. It certainly is grey and gloomy looking. Here's hoping for an early Spring !

    ReplyDelete