Thursday, November 28, 2013

Images from the Week & HAPPY THANKSGIVING

It's a quiet & gloomy week here, and I know so many of you (at least my American friends & family) will be celebrating Thanksgiving today.  I hope everyone has a great day with their family or friends.
 
 
So just a quick post from me with some pictures from the past week.
 
Cool morning sky from my apartment window
 
 
 
The alley behind my apartment.  It's grown on me, and I find it almost charming


 Svetogorsk Mill 
 
 
 
Russian Sign of the Week:  "Thank You Working Man"
 

Good news......we have a new Belgian Bar, a 15 minute walk from our apartment.  Yea!!!!  I see us becoming regulars.

Here we are with our favorite Russian bar snacks:  Fried rye bread with garlic sauce, and a smoked, salty, string cheese (from Armenia I've learned) called Chechil.  Both require a lot of beer!



Me and my Leffe Blonde.

 
 
And Pat with his Grimbergen

2 comments:

  1. That picture of you could be a print ad for Leffe Blonde ! You should sell it to them. Love Chechil.

    ReplyDelete