Monday, November 11, 2013

Random images from the past 2 weeks

I'm working on a post about our Berlin trip (such a cool city!).  In the meantime, here are a few pictures in the city from the past few weeks


That's me in the Svetogorsk Workers newspaper.  It's for a forum that I participated in called IPeople, designed to give the mill employers a chance to talk to managers that they don't normally get to meet.  The headline is "No Taboo Topics".  Yikes!!  I did get a chance to read an English translation of the article, and I don't remember saying anything too "taboo".  Now I wonder......


Halloween..... not much of an event in here in Russia.  But I did give a small candy gift to my assistant to give to her 9 year old daughter Rita.  And Rita gave me this, which made my day. 



We went to our 1st symphony for the new season, that started back up in October & will run until July. 


It was very interesting.  Three opera soloists, performing 10-12 different songs from various Verdi operas.  I have to admit that my years in Russia have given me much more exposure to the arts, and I really enjoy it.


Have I ever shown a picture of my office?  I don't think so.  It's the building on the right.  Bolloev Center


The reason for the picture is that we had a fire over the weekend.  It started in the attic (not our portion of the building) and luckily no one was hurt.  But we're working from home until further notice



A few (blurry) night time pictures.  So far, no snow.........


2 comments:

  1. Doesn't seem fair that we are getting snow and your not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with Dad about the snow. Woke up this morning to about 2 inches on the ground. Fortunately the streets are clear. Pretty big hole in your roof !! Good thing it isn't snowy in SP. It would just complicate the building repairs even more.

    ReplyDelete