Thursday, August 8, 2013

Back from Vacation

There is nothing like the 1st few days back at work after a vacation.  Especially a super relaxing vacation.  It's hard to hold meetings, listen to endless translated arguments that never get resolved, and re-debate the same topics that we were talking about before I left  (and for the past 6 months, now that I think about it).  I somehow hoped that some of the issues would be magically resolved when I got back !  Hah!!!

But I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things.  And looking forward to my next trip!  Ola Lisboa!!!

And I'm working on my pictures from the vacation - we went to the Amalfi Coast in Southern Italy.  Positano, Amalfi, Capri.  It was an (early) 15th wedding anniversary trip and it couldn't have been better.  I can't wait to share all of the pictures.

But until then, here are just a few images,

POSITANO




Our hotel in Positano, the Il San Pietro di Positano.  It has a hillside garden, where they crew all most of the vegetables and lemons for the restaurant.  I can't even look at a Russian tomato now!

The site of many pre-dinner cocktails


Swimming (or floating) in the Mediterranean.  I can cross it off of my bucket list


Our hotel from a boat


 
AMALFI

A pre-lunch beer (we were on vacation, after all)


A trip to St. Andrew's Cathedral in Amalfi was worth the boat ride.  I love the Moorish influences in the architecture.


Hillside town shot


CAPRI

So many gorgeous flowers


We have a lot of pictures of crystal clear waters and cliffs.  More to come soon.........................

 

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing looking place. Seems as though you two picked the perfect place to celebrate 15 years together. As usual, you photos are gorgeous....just like postcards.

    ReplyDelete