Monday, August 19, 2013

More pictures from the Amalfi Coast - Isle of Capri

One final posting on Italy.  For now.........

One of the places we visited was the Isle of Capri.  It was a 30-40 minute ferry ride from the Positano port.  I got seasick, but quickly got over it



I thought Capri was exceptionally beautiful.  But really crowded (although that's what you get when you go on vacation in late July).  And tons of Russians!  So we tried to avoid the crowds, and spent most of our time walking through the gardens and long the paths viewing the sea

Giardini di Augusto


The walkway from the cliffs to the sea




Could you imagine living in that house on the top?


This was "just" a small souvenier shop


An old monastery - Certosa di San Giacomo, from the 14th century


Where there is a piazza, there is a clock tower


I could handle that for my back yard view!


New hat  


I wonder when those rocks separated?


I think he stood there for 15 minutes without saying a word


The requisite market picture with Pat in the picture


Another hot day!


I couldn't resist taking this one!


Chillin' on the back deck.  I wish that was my view!
 


Final parting shot, on the path down to the port.



 

 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Pat's planning to move there ! Glad you were able to avoid the "other" Russians.

    ReplyDelete