Saturday, April 19, 2014

Images from the Week

Here's what I noticed this week.....................................
 

Signs of Spring.  I am SO ready!!!!
 



St. Nicolas Cathedral.  I've never been inside, but walk by it when I go to the gym since the buildings are connected

 
 
Military academy students in the park near our apartment.  Their school is right behind our apartment.  Do you think they are ready for what their President appears to be setting them up for?  They look like young boys to me.....
 

 
 
It's the 1st week that I'm seeing an increase in tourists.  Mostly Russians, but also a few Chinese tourists.  Unfortunately, the dreaded buses are back.
 


My gym.  The Fitness Palace.  And it's in an actual palace - a restored section of the Nikolayevsky Palace.  The only thing that I dislike about the gym is that it doesn't open until 7am, which makes a pre-work workout impossible. 

 
 
This is a sign on a door (which leads to the outside) in my Svetogorsk office.  The words are non-sensical, but I get the message.  Don't go through the door!
 

 
A beautiful, old building in need of repair and/or rental. 
 


Another one.  There are a lot in this city.

 
 
Love the hats!
 
 
 
One of many Gazprom buildings in the city, this one on my walk home from the gym.
 
 
 
It's a BIG company.  400,000+ employees, $150 billion in revenue in 2012, owned 50% by the Russian government, 8-10% of Russian's annual GDP.  But the good times may be over........
 

 
 
But for now, this Gazprom exec has his own helicopter pad across from the office.
 
 
 
The Admiralty on a crystal-clear morning walk to work.

 



2 comments:

  1. Looks like Spring at last! And remember..do not use if must not...always a good maxim to follow.

    ReplyDelete