Wednesday, April 16, 2014

a (very) few pictures from Helsinki

Pat & I were in Helsinki for a few days to "decompress" - I find that I need to escape Russia at least once a month (especially these days) to keep myself in balance.

Not many pictures from the trip.  Sorry about that.  But you need to be in the mood to take pictures, and I just wasn't! 

But we did eat breakfast at a great café called Café Esplanad.  Amazing and completely decadent pastries!



We also took a long walk along the coast.  It was cold - 10 degrees colder (40F) than what we left in St. Petersburg (low 50's) because it's surrounded by water




Can you imagine life on one of these islands out in the Bay?  I'm a bit of an introvert myself, but life in one of these houses might be pushing it......





Oh yeah, we had an amazing dinner at Farang - modern Thai tasting menu with wine pairings. Yum!!!



And to wrap it up, a (blurry) picture of the bar table that Pat wants.  My liver is hurting just thinking about it...


 



2 comments:

  1. I want that bar tablet oo ! Have no idea where I'd put it though. Maybe need a bigger house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay -- one of you guys get the bar table, and I'll come over to tend bar and help you use it!!
    xoxoxox -b

    ReplyDelete