Saturday, December 28, 2013

Best of 2013

Well, it's almost the end of 2013.  So I thought it would be appropriate to put together my own version of a "Best of" list for the year.  (Plus, I really didn't feel like working on the day that I put this together)

In no particular no order.  And as you'll see, some things made the list that not everyone would think was comment-worthy.  But here we go............. 

Favorite picture of us:  Taken on the terrace of the Il Sanpietro di Positano, in Positano, Italy



Best Market:  I can't really choose, but I'll say it's a tie between the Rialto Fish Market in Venice and the Saturday market in the Jordaan district in Amsterdam





Best cheese (like I said, maybe not important to everyone - but I'm kind of obsessed with cheese):  Without a doubt, the fresh pecorino that they make in Pienza, Italy.  I would weigh 300 pounds if I lived here


Most unique city that not many people (especially Americans) visit:  Lisbon.  Beautiful and gritty at the same time


Best wine tasting this year:  Montalcino, Italy.  Here is Camigliano Winery, which I'm sure Pat would buy if he could

 
 
Most picturesque city that you need to see before it's gone:  Venice, Italy.  All of my pictures were perfect


Best outdoor activity:  Umm, beer drinking, of course!



Most scenic spot for a cocktail:  Hard to choose, but I'm going with the top of the Ritz Carlton in Moscow, over looking Red Square


Best ballet/symphony/opera that I saw this year:  Again, in Moscow, at the Bolshoi Theatre.  Giselle


The place that I 'd like to explore more of, because I really thought it was cool:  Stockholm, Sweden


Best vacation, and the trip where Pat relaxed (so we need to repeat it):  Amalfi Coast/Positano, Italy 




My favorite place to escape Russia for the weekend:  Amsterdam.  I could live there, no problem


 
Best history lesson trip:  Berlin, Germany 



Best 1AM glass of wine in total daylight:  Mansarda restaurant in St. Petersburg, Russia, on June 21st


Best White Night photos from St. Petersburg this year:  both were taken around 2:30 - 3:00 am



See you in 2014!

1 comment: