Monday, January 13, 2014

I've Been Away Too Long!

It's 2014 and time to start a new year - new goals, new hopes, new challenges........  I am ready for the new year!

So sorry that I've been away for a while.  We took our yearly trip back to the US for Christmas & New Year, and I'm just now getting myself organized with my pictures and this blog.  We also managed to squeeze in a trip to Rome, which was really great :)))).  I'll share some pictures from the trip within the next few days. 

I will definitely miss these long Russian New Year holidays when we eventually move back to the US.  You can't beat 8 additional vacation days!  The time off and the trip back to the States was great, and I loved seeing our families, but it was definitely nice to get "home" to Russia on January 8th.  And the fact that I felt this way is a big deal for me - despite how hard this can be, my St. Petersburg apartment & life over here finally (sort of, kind of) feels like home. 

So I hope everyone had a nice holiday as well & is ready to start a new year.  A funny thing about Russia this year is that it's been really warm.  Rain and in the high 30's, low 40's every day.  Today is our 1st snow day!  So in honor, a few picture of the fresh white stuff from my office

Check back in a few days to see some pictures from Rome and our US trip!



1 comment: