Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sad day at the Park

It's funny how it's really the little things that can make you happy, or sad, on a given day.

One of the "little joys", in my day to day life is walking through the park and seeing the Russian children play.  It's one of those things that constantly reminds me to not let "________"  (i.e. work, rude people, being lonely, bad weather, etc...) get to me.

Well, they tore down the playground :(

I could tell that it was a surprise the the local people.  There was no announcement or signage;  they just came in one morning & started tearing out the equipment.  And for no real purpose from what I can tell.  I saw a lady yelling at the workers.  Good for her!

BEFORE  (I just love the little green safety vests that the local school has the children wear!)




 
 

OK, this isn't at the actual playground, but I love how much fun they are having :)



AFTER

Torn out and abandoned.  I bet it will sit there for months


2 comments:

  1. It is sad, and you know what Grandpap would say .
    "It's a GodDamn shame "

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame. I'll be interested to hear what stupid bureaucratic reason they had for taking the children's playground away.

    ReplyDelete