Friday, March 8, 2013

Animal Friends around the World

I realize that this might seem like a strange or goofy post to some people.  But I can't resist taking pictures of various furry (or not so furry) creatures when I'm traveling.  They always bring a smile to my face, or make me laugh.  And there's nothing wrong with that, right?

Unfortunately, there are no animal pictures from Russia.  Probably something I should work on.

This post is for my Mom, the biggest animal lover I know.

TURKEY

I love that this kitty was just lounging around on ancient ruins

Was licking it's lips.  Maybe an afternoon snack from a passerby?

In the hunt

 AMSTERDAM

Looks like the morning after a good night........Appropriate for Amsterdam!

I love this one.  There was a concert going on in Dam Square.  He was listening


FRANCE


This beauty had a loud scary bark & was guarding his home in Bayeux (Normandy), France

An appropriate sourpuss look in Paris

In Versailles........It's hard to see him in the right window. 

 SPAIN
Posing for me in the garden at the Real Alcazar (14th century palace in Seville)


This was taken at the coastal city of Cadiz, Spain, which is the oldest city in Western Europe. 
And the fish is apparently very good!

There were dozens of peacocks walking around the Real Alcazar in Seville. 


Just hanging out on a gorgeous tile wall in Seville


GREECE
Walking near the Parthenon in Athens


In Ancient Agora, in Athens

Hiding under a tree & trying to catch some shade

ITALY
In the Villa Borghese Garden in Rome

This boy was so sweet, and just wanted some of our pizza in the Piazza Navona in Rome. 

Siesta time in the piazza!


1 comment:

  1. Of course I love this post...not goofy at all. I'll never forget how high we all jumped when the Bayeux pooch raced out at us as we were walking home after dinner.

    I love the fact that you like photographing creatures as much as I do !

    ReplyDelete