Friday, March 22, 2013

A Friday in March

It was 3F this morning on my walk to work.  Or -17C to everyone else in the world besides the United States, Cayman Islands, Palau, the Bahamas, and Belize (I had to look that up).  Kind of crazy that we just refuse to change....  But in this case, 3F just sounds warmer than anything in the negative teens.  So I'll stick with it

It only got up to 13F today.  Sunny but freezing cold.  sigh........

It's been so cold all week, and our Spring is a good 6 weeks away.   I'm sick of it.  On the bright side, we have finally reached the point where our days are longer than our nights.  And in another month, we'll have 16 hours of daylight.  Good days are coming

It was a tough week at work.  By Friday, I had enough & needed a break from the chaos.  Since it's too cold to take a walk outside & there was no one around to have lunch with, I took a walk around the office building & looked out the window.  Strange, I know, but sometimes you just need to get away from your "issues" any way that you can. 

I took some pictures from the windows of my office & building.  I see it everyday, and it's not particularly pretty.  But it's an interesting view of Russia from the rooftops.

The view from my office.  I'm curious what the glass pyramid on the building in the distance is


Lots of neglected buildings.  At least the sky is blue, it helps make up for the cold

Nice view of of the top of St. Isaac's in the distance. 

A fairly typical courtyard, and the ONLY balconies I've ever noticed in the city


Happy Friday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment