Monday, February 2, 2015

Quiet Winter Mornings

Walking to work one morning a little later than normal.

For a city of 5 million people, the city center can be really quiet some days


The tourists and international business travelers are gone.  Because it's Winter, but also because of political and economic circumstances


But I don't mind the quiet.  Sometimes living in a city can be too much


Although I prefer the playground to be full of children


The sky is so blue these days. 

There are a few people, in the distance.  But you'd expect more people around at 9:30


I should get back to St. Isaac's Cathedral while the crowds are down


I love the "faux building" that they install during building renovations.  This is supposed to be a hotel when they finish.  But I think the money is on hold........


1 comment: