Sunday, October 19, 2014

Redfish Fishing in Sea Island, GA

The Cloisters In Sea Island, Georgia.  A beautiful place that we visited recently for work. 

But that's not what this post is about....  it's about fishing.  For Bull Red or Red Drum.  We went just off of the coast of the GA barrier island (technically in the Atlantic Ocean, but not far from the shore)


The Wilczynski's and Cuevas's. 


This was good fishing!  After 10-15 minutes, my 1st one was on the hook.   And these fish were big - 25-30 lbs. each .  I needed the belt to give me some leverage


My 1st catch of the day.  Thanks to Reid for doing a lot of the dirty work :)


One for Pat


One for Kirt


And don't forget Caroline


I caught a big stingray along the way.  It was exhausting bringing him in


I caught 5 (plus the stingray) in total. 


Two at a time!


I think mine is bigger!



And another one.... or two.  My forearms HURT afterwards!




Time to rest


2 comments: