Monday, February 25, 2013

Hello there!

Hello!  My name is Jen and welcome to my blog.

First, a little bit about me.  I am an American woman from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Go Steelers!).  Over the course of my life, I've spent time in Erie PA, Glens Falls NY, and Memphis TN with my husband of 14 3/4 years, Pat.  

In the summer of 2010, we were asked if we'd be willing to relocated to St. Petersburg Russia.  It had been a dream of ours to spend some time overseas, so we jumped at the chance & said yes

So this blog will be about my work & life in St. Petersburg - the good, the bad, and the ugly!  I love to travel, so it's will also be about my various adventures & excursions throughout Russia, Europe & beyond.  

I decided to create this blog for several reasons.  I realized that I've been In Russia for over 2 years, and I wanted a better way to document & share my experiences with others.  So it's a way for me to reach out to my family & friends, but also (I hope!) a way to connect with & share my experiences with other expats or people interested in what it's like to live abroad.  And finally, I hope to learn a little bit about myself in the process, and discover where I want my life to go next. 

Here I am in front of the bronze statue of Tsar Nicholas I, near St. Isaac's Cathedral. Tsar Nicholas I was Emperor of Russia from 1825-1855.  His reputation is that of a very autocratic & reactionary leader. He passed away during the Crimean War 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful winter pictures ! Looks like a completely different cit from the one we saw in August

    ReplyDelete